Saturday, December 01, 2007

Hindu hubby to muslim wife

Back to office. The de-stress tour was well worth the silly excuses. They work every time. Now that I look back, what was it like to be a hindu husband to a muslim wife in a muslim-majority state? ‘I’ would be displeased at this line of thought, but I simply can’t get it out of my system. Not that it was always in your face. In fact, people were mostly sugary sweet, sometimes irritatingly so. But from the boatman’s frown to the front desk executive’s disapproving nod when we signed the hotel register, it was there. Always. “YOU, HINDU BIGOT, HAVE TAKEN ONE OF OUR OWN WITHOUT FOREGOING THE FORESKIN!!!” Did ‘I’ feel the same when she went to Kolkata? Can’t say. Anyways, most of the times she doesn’t give a damn. One more thing that I should pick from her. Her ‘I care two hoots for you, therefore I am’ attitude. That’s what makes ‘I’ score over me. I have ‘I’ with me, therefore I am. Thank god for that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home